Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer Review
About the product:
- it is vegan,natural, contains organic ingredients, and is cruelty free
- retails for $25 and contains 4 fl oz (about a 4-6 month supply)
- available to be purchased on Valentia.com and Amazon.com
- packaging is simple, no frills, and protects the product from the air and light (which is vital)
- for more info, check out their facebook page or instagram
First Five Ingredients:
(I am skipping water, which is listed first.)
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera): hydrating, soothing, and an antioxidant
- Palmitate (Palm Oil): moisturizing and a source of vitamin A and C
- Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid): locks in moisture
- Kosher Vegetable Glycerin: humectant/attracts water
- Cetyl Alcohol: emollient and a thickener (gives the product it’s substance)
Clearly, the first five ingredients have to do with moisturization, which is no surprise in a moisturizer. ;) Here are some of the main ingredients that have to do with the brightening properties that this product claims: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Wildcrafted Ganoderma Lucidum (Kojic Acid), Wildcrafted Panax Quinquefolius (Ginseng). These ingredients are sprinkled throughout the product list, so they should be fairly effective.
When using a product with brightening properties, it’s vital that you include sun protection. Products like Kojic acid can sensitize the skin, and the sun can essentially “undo” any brightening that may have happened with your consistent, regular skin care routine. Notice that I mentioned the words consistent and regular? You won’t see any benefits if you don’t religiously take care of your skin! :)
My Overall Thoughts:
I have not used this product long enough (4-6 weeks) to notice any brightening benefits, but I can say that my initial reaction is a good one. It has some nice moisturizing and brightening ingredients. I’d recommend this to anyone that doesn’t have very sensitive skin (the kojic acid and willow bark/salicylic acid can be too much for this skin type). It has a nice weight and thickness- it isn’t too heavy, but provides the right amount of moisture.
I’m giving it a great score, despite the fact that it doesn’t contain any sun protection. I recommend that you only wear this at night, or add sunscreen for day wear (don’t count on your foundation alone ;).
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Sponsored by BrandBacker