About the product:
- it is vegan, 98% natural, contains organic ingredients, and is cruelty free
- retails for $35 and contains 1.18 fl oz
- available to be purchased on Valentia.com and Amazon.com (Follow the link to amazon and use this code: VCP4BKYE for 20% off! Expires 5/10/16)
- packaging is simple, no frills, and lovely to look at… I love the white with the gold
- for more info, check out their facebook page or instagram
Valentia Clear Lift Revitalizing Serum
First of all, this serum seems perfect for the summer… it has a refreshing citrus scent without any added fragrance, which I quite enjoy. Along with the great scent, it is really light-weight on the skin. I did not find that this product was too heavy for my combination to oily skin. I didn’t find this one to be exceptionally moisturizing, even though it is targeted for more mature skin. Because of this, I highly recommend (as I usually do) following with a good moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type. If you’re in need of a more hydrating serum, check out this one by Valentia.
- It contains good ingredients, for example, the first five are: Orange Hydrosol (hydrating and regenerating), Aloe Vera (hydrating, soothing, and an antioxidant), witch hazel (antioxidant, possible irritant)*, and botanical hyaluronic acid (hydrating and plumpifying), plant stem cells (there are two fields of thought: 1) currently there is no hard evidence that this added ingredient does anything for the skin and 2) they regenerate cells and help repair elastin in the skin). I plan to write more about the plant stem cell debate in the future, so keep your eyes open for another blog post.
- The formula absorbs into the skin fairly quickly, which is especially nice when you apply your moisturizer on top.
- The pump is a nice and sanitary way to dispense the product. I used about 2 pumps for my face and neck.
*The only negative I’ve found in this product is that it contains witch hazel, which can be irritating to the skin. This probably won’t be a problem for most people.
Overall, I really do like this product. I recommend this serum for those with mature skin. Apply this after you cleanse and tone, and before you moisturize. If you have very sensitive skin, you may want to pass on this one, because of the witch hazel. I cannot speak to how this one performs over time, which is needed for a product that claims to minimize fine lines and increase elasticity, but what I can tell you is that my first impression of this serum is a good one.
Do you use serum in your skin care regime? Please share!!
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Sponsored by BrandBaker