Trader Joe’s Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion Review
Due to the fact that I am frequently trying new products to review and recommend, it’s rare that I repurchase a moisturizer. Not only have I repurchased this moisturizer for myself, but for my husband as well. We both use this face lotion every morning.
This, my friends, is a fabulous, basic moisturizer. On the packaging you will not find any ridiculous, outlandish claims, which is one of my favorite things about it. It is great for every day, because it has broad spectrum protection and SPF 15. In spite of the Zinc Oxide (which is a great physical, sun-blocking ingredient!), this product blends into the skin easily. It also contains Octinoxate, which is a chemical ingredient that also protects from the sun. I like to add this to my neck, decolletage, and if I’m wearing a tank, to the tops of my shoulders.
This face lotion can be purchased at Trader Joe’s for around $4.99.
Speaking of ingredients… lets talk about the first five of this moisturizer. I only talk about the first five for a couple of reasons: first, that it would take so much of my time to write about every single ingredient lists in products, and it would take much of your time to read about each and every one; and second, ingredients are listed in the order of their amount contained in the product. In my mind, the first several ingredients are the most important, because they comprise the most of the product. I hope that makes sense. ;)
- Allantoin-moisturizing, soothing, it helps to regenerate cells, and it helps heal the skin. *
- Ascorbic Acid- a form of vitamin c which is an antioxidant, it is brightening, and stimulates collagen.
- Caprylyl Glycol- an emollient, it is skin conditioning, and antimicrobial. **
- Cyclomethicone- an emollient, a humectant, and adds to the viscosity of the product. **
- Cyclopentasiloxane- lubricates and conditions the skin. ***
The things I really love about this product:
- contains a broad spectrum SPF 15
- has a fairly high dose of vitamin C
- fragrance free, lightweight, cruelty free
- doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy and I have no problem with applying my makeup over
- don’t have any outlandish claims (I dislike marketing lies!)
- the packaging does a decent job of protecting the product from the air and bacteria
I’d recommend this lotion to anyone who does not have dry skin as it will probably not be as moisturizing as needed. For my combination-oily skin, and my husband’s combination skin, it’s great! The next time you’re shopping for groceries in Trader Joe’s, toss this little guy into your cart. ;)