Snickerdoodle Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting…
This cake is de-lish! It’s a creamy, dense cake with a hint of cinnamon. It isn’t too sweet, which means you can eat even more of it. ;)
Does anyone else just enjoy saying the word “snickerdoodle”??
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, at room temp.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two round cake pans.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and whisk together well.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and sour cream in a second bowl until smooth.
- Then, add each egg one at a time, stiring after each addition. Lastly, stir in your vanilla.
- Now it's time to add your dry ingredient mixture and the milk into your cream mixture. Start by adding 1/3 cup of the dry mixture into the cream, stir, then add some of the milk and stir. Alternate adding the dry mixture and the milk until everything is combined.
- Pour batter into both cake pans and bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow your cake to cool for plenty of time, and begin to prepare the amazing frosting!!
I think that the amount of frosting I made was not quite enough for the cake, so please feel (actually, I’d recommend!) to double the recipe. Unless you don’t like frosting… what kind of person are you?!?
For the Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together all ingredients until smooth and use to frost your cake!
Questions, comments, suggestions? Please, let me know!!
What is your favorite kind of cake??
Thanks for coming by!