I’ve always loved the idea of lipstick palettes. I see them and I am drawn to them… I want them all. And yet, I hardly use them! The nice thing about this Sleek lipstick palette is that it is small, it comes with a nice sized mirror, and a little brush. Those characteristics make this adorable little palette more practical for every day life or for travel. If a lip palette is too large, I won’t bring it with me to touch up the color throughout the day… which means I just won’t use it. When I saw the shades in the Sleek Havana Lipstick Palette, I knew I wanted to give it a go.
- This lip palette is $13.49 (and is currently on sale for $6.99!!) and comes with 5.4 grams of product.
- It’s available in 6 different color combos, a couple of which I have my eye on.
- In the U.S., Sleek products are only available on the website, as far as I know. The shipping is pretty affordable, which is nice.
- The compact is nice and small, comes with a good sized mirror, and a tiny lip brush.
- The lip colors are very pigmented and they apply evenly on the lips, with the exception of the light nude shade, which is a little bit patchy. That red gloss is especially pigmented, so be careful not to scoop too much product out when you dip your brush in!
- With the palette format, it’s easy and quick to mix and match shades for a custom look.
- This can also be nice for travel, as it is more space-saving than packing multiple lipsticks.
- The matte lip shades are a bit drying on my lips and feel tacky. This doesn’t bother me too much.
- There’s a chance you won’t reach for this product because you have to use a lip brush or your fingers to apply the lip colors.
- The glossy shades are a bit thick, but since they’re very pigmented, there is no need to use a lot of product.
This palette comes with two lipstick shades and two lip glosses in beautiful red and neutral tones. Here are the shades starting from the top, moving from the left to the right:
- cookie: brick red/wine shade with a glossy finish
- rum: a rose toned nude with a matte finish
- frappuccino: a rosy red with a matte finish
- creme brulee: a very light nude with a glossy finish
As you can see in the lip swatch photos below, I recommend mixing that nude shade… as it is not the most flattering on it’s own.
My overall thoughts…
I think this product is good. It isn’t earth-shattering, nor is it an absolute must-have. I do recommend it, if you’re interested in trying lipstick palettes, or if you already know you like them. ;) If you’re not sure about if you’d actually use this, just skip it.