Sleek Blush By 3 Palette Santa Marina Review
I’ve always wanted to try a blush by three palette from Sleek. The one that caught my eye was discontinued, which still makes me sad, but this new palette looked attractive to me.
- Blush by Three Palettes come in 8 different color combinations (including one with three cream blushes)
- $14.99 for 20 g/0.68 oz of product
- Available on sleekmakeup.com for US residents, but I believe Sleek products are more readily available in the UK
Here are Sleek’s claims about their product: “Each shade perfectly complements all skin tones and adds warmth to the complexion. Using a blusher or contour brush, layer the varying shades to build intensity, or apply alone for a burst of full-on colour.”
For the most part, I agree with the company claims about the product. I can see how these colors would be flattering for multiple skin tones and I agree that they do provide full color. Keep reading to see my negative thoughts and the ways I disagree with Sleek’s claims. I like using the plum shade as a contour and I think it would be beautiful with a golden highlight, especially for the fall season.
This blush palette contains three shades:
- Coral Dune- a pretty orange/peach color with a satin finish
- Phoenix Sand- a light, nude color with a matte/satin finish
- Calypso Island- a deep, plum/wine color that also has a satin finish
- The middle shade in the palette, Phoenix Sand, is disappointing to me. The pigmentation is decent, but it’s too similar to my skin color. It is basically udetectable on my cheeks. It doesn’t contain pretty shimmer, so I’m not even sure it would work as a highlight for those with darker skin.
- It’s only available on sleek.com
- The blushes are pigmented, soft, blendable, and buildable
- This product is a good value and inexpensive
- The packaging is very sleek (go figure!) and contains a nice, big mirror which makes it very useful for travel
- Longevity is decent… just long enough to last through a normal day
Overall, I would recommend this product. I cannot say if the quality is the same for the other color combinations, but as far as this one in particular, it’s great! The only bummer for me, like I mentioned above, is the middle nude shade. I plan to play around with it some more to see how I can make it work.
Have you tried any blush by three palettes or any of the single blushes from Sleek? Please share your thoughts!