Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
My first bite into this cake, I swear I saw the heavens open, and I could hear the hallelujah chorus.
A tad dramatic? Eh… that’s debatable. The goodness and tastiness of this cheesecake, however, is not debatable. Shout out to our dear friends Tyler and Dani who enjoyed this sweet dessert with us (sweet dessert for sweet friends, am I right??).
I must say this… although it *may* be common sense… I do speak from experience. PLEASE be careful when making the homemade caramel sauce. Yes, it is definitely worth the effort… BUT, if you do feel the need to taste it, just make sure that you have no doubt it has cooled enough. ;) Like I said before, learn from MY mistake!
- 15 graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (13-14 oz) can dulce de leche
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs, and then add in salt and sugar. Now add in the melted butter and mix well. (You can do this in a food processor, or by hand)
- Press crumb mixture into a greased spring form (9 or 10-inch) pan (going up the sides).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, then let cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy, and then beat in the dulce de leche.
- Then add in the flour and salt and beat for 5 minutes until well combined, and there are no more lumps.
- Next, beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in each egg one at a time. (Don't over beat!)
- Now, pour mixture into the crust and bake at 300 degrees F for about 1 hour. (The center should be just barely set.)
- Cool, and then chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water over medium heat and swirl the mixture around. Don't stir it! Cook and occasionally swirl mixture until it turns an amber brown shade.
- IMMEDIATELY remove from heat, add in the butter, and stir. Add in the cream and whisk like crazy.
- Now add in vanilla and salt and keep whisking!
- Return the pan to medium low heat and whisk until smooth. Let cool, and then pour over the cheesecake.
- Now, refrigerate at least 30 mins to let the caramel set.
- Enjoy. (Perhaps with a cup of coffee??)
What is your favorite kind of cheesecake??