I love tasty granola… and I usually buy it, because making it always seemed like too much effort. Yeah, sometimes I’m lazy. This recipe is delicious, it has great texture and crunch, and is certainly worth the time and effort to make it. Another plus, is that this recipe yeilds 18 cups, so it actually be a decent amount of time before you have to make it again! Thanks to my sweet friend Dani for sharing this recipe (and several helpings of granola) with me. ;)
Runner’s Nut Granola Recipe
Enjoy your homemade granola plan, with milk, or yogurt and a drizzle of honey. :)
- 8 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup canola oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Combine oats, seeds, wheat germ, oat bran, and nuts.
- In a saucepan, combine oil, brown sugar, honey, syrup, cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over oat mixture.
- Transfer granola mixture to two parchment-lined baking pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until crisp, stirring once after about 10 minutes.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack, then stir in shredded coconut. Store at room temperature in large ziplock bags, or in a cute jar.