Quick Easy Dinner Recipe: BBQ Chicken Cheddar Pitas…
Need something quick, easy, and tasty? This recipe is great for lunch or dinner. My Hubby and I both enjoy it!
(These are the specific measurements for the pitas… however, they aren’t necessary. We just pile on as much as we want. No need to measure chicken or cheese. ; )
- 6 pitas (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (we didn’t have any of these, so they aren’t in my photos… but they really add good flavor, so I wouldn’t recommend leaving these out!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Top each pita with bbq sauce, chicken, cheese, and green onion.
- Set pitas on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
**To make this recipe crazy fast and easy, buy the pitas from the store, and use a rotisserie chicken (we called it a “dizzy chicken” growing up) or leftover chicken, if you have that on hand.
Here’s my source for this recipe: family.go.com
What are your simple, go-to, easy recipes?
Thanks for reading!