Quick Dinner Roll Recipe
These are great, just basic dinner rolls. You’ll be glad to have the recipe when you’re hoping for bread in a pinch. I’ve used this dough for several things… I’ve rolled it really flat to use as pita bread (not totally the same, but still tasty!), I’ve also used it to make a stuffed spinach appetizer.
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 Tbsp. yeast (dry active yeast)
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I have experimented with using partially whole wheat flour with success)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together water, oil, sugar, and yeast.
- Let sit 10-15 mins so the yeast will rise and grow.
- Then add salt, eggs, and flour. Mix.
- Make into golf-ball sized dough balls. Place on cookie sheets.
- Let rise around 10 more minutes.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
Here’s a sweet little side note…
You can freeze the dough and pull it out when you are ready to bake it! How simple is that?? Just let it thaw overnight in the fridge and then set it on the counter around 10 minutes before you’re ready to bake them.
Then, roll them into balls, let rise, and bake!
I’m just such a lover of bread… well, all things carb, if I’m really being honest. ; ) I’m going to have to start jogging or something, because ’tis the season for baking… and eating!
What is your favorite food to eat?
Thanks for reading!