Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
Oh my heavens, these pancakes are delicious!! We’ve made them several times since I found the recipe (on pinterest, of course!!)… for both breakfast and dinner. (Hey, why not? Breakfast is good ANY time of the day!) These are rich and smooth, with the perfect amount of pumpkin spice. With a touch of warm maple syrup, these are beyond worth the calories. ;)
Here’s a little hint for this recipe: the batter is pretty thick, so it’s kind of difficult to cook them through consistently. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but I have a theory that I could just thin the batter with a bit of milk so they would cook more evenly. Though, with the batter as thick as it is, I bet it would be perfect for waffles! (I’ll have to try that as well. I’ll add more info if I try this out.)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- dash of ginger
- dash of cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, or melted butter
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now, cook the pancakes! (Don't tell me you don't know how to cook pancakes... ;)
Do you have a special pancake recipe that you love??
Thanks for reading,