Orange, Walnut, Rosemary Muffins
These muffins are sweet, but totally balanced with the addition of the rosemary. Before making these, I didn’t think that orange, walnut, and rosemary would be a great combo… but seriously… it IS! This trio of ingredients is amazing. Yes, I highly recommend that you try this out.
- Oil, bummer, cooking spray to grease cupcake pan (or used liners)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- heaping 1/2 cup sugar (superfine... not sure how necessary this is)
- heaping 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 6 Tbsp melted, cooled butter (or oil)
- 2 orange rinds finely grated
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
- Extra rosemary sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 orange rind, finely grated
- 3-4 tsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Grease or line cupcake pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the sugar and walnuts.
- Lightly beat eggs, then beat in yogurt, oil/butter, orange rind, and rosemary.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add in the wet mixture. Stir until combined, but be careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan and bake 20 mins (or until golden brown).
- Let cool.
- Sift confectioners' sugar into a bowl, then add the orange rind and juice and stir well.
- Then, spoon the frosting on top of each muffin and garnish with a rosemary sprig.
- It's best to let them sit for about 20 mins before serving.
I gave this recipe a four out of five. It does take a bit of time to prep for this recipe, with grating the orange rinds and everything, but it’s totally worth it.
What is your favorite muffin flavor combination?? Please share!