NYX Prague Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- $6.00 for .27 fl oz/ 8 mL of product
- available online on the NYX website, drugstores, Fred Meyer, and Target stores
- comes in 22 shades including light pinks, nudes, bright reds, and deep wines
Here’s what NYX has to say, “Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and unlike some matte lipstick formulas also moisturizing.”
I mostly agree with the above statement… The lipstick does go on smooth and it sets to a matte finish and it’s pretty durable, but I can find it to be just a bit drying. It certainly isn’t moisturizing, but it doesn’t dry out my lips as badly as other products. As a side-note, my lips dry out quickly (perhaps I need to drink more water).
- It can be a little messy to apply precisely, so take your time with the applicator and bring in a lip brush or a lip liner pencil if needed. Be sure to scrape off the extra product on the applicator before you apply.
- The product looks crazy when it starts to wear off… it randomly flakes away, so keep an eye out!
- The full range of shades is hard to find in person, so you’ll need to order some shades online. This isn’t a negative for everyone, but it is for me. I like to see products in person and instant gratification.
- This lip product doesn’t actually dry on the lips, so it transfers onto things (for instance, my coffee cup and my Hubby’s lips). This isn’t necessarily a negative for me, since most lip products do this, however, as a liquid lip product, some people expect transfer resistance.
- It has a light, thin texture that is comfortable to wear on the lips.
- This lip product can be worn for a couple of hours before it wears off, which I think is great.
- It never actually “dries”, so the color is always a little tacky. I’ve listed this under the negatives as well, but the positive is that it doesn’t dry out the lips as bad as other liquid lip colors or matte lipsticks.
- These lip colors come in lots of different shades… you’re bound to find at least one that suits you.
- The color is very pigmented. It doesn’t require any layering to achieve full opacity.
My overall thoughts about this matte lip cream are positive! I really enjoy this product, I love this color, and the unique formula! It’s so bright and pretty, it really awakens the face. I am interested in trying more shades of this lip product, for sure.
What is your favorite lip color formula to wear?