Milani Power Lip Lasting Gloss Stain Review
I’ve been curious about trying these glossy lip stains for a while now. As soon as I found them at The Dollar Tree, I knew they had to be mine… and I was happy for the chance to try them out for a fraction of the price. It’s fun to see how technology is changing the makeup world. Who would’ve thought that a gloss, lipstick, and stain hybrid would be an option? Keep reading to check out my thoughts on the three shades I picked up: Creamy Café, Mango Tango, and Cabaret Blend.
- Retails for around $6.50, depending upon where you live.
- Available for purchase on Milani’s website and drugstores.
- These gloss stains come in 8 different shades, including: pink, red, coral, and a nude.
Here’s what Milani has to say, “Despite its chic, cool-girl rep, lip stain always left something to be desired – until now. This super-innovative hybrid – a mashup of lipstick, gloss and stain in a handy, clickable pen – is totally non-drying. Yes, you read that right: It’s a stain, and it actually feels fantastic. In eight fashionably-wearable shades, this medium-coverage stunner looks great on its own – the ultimate in low-maintenance, toss-it-in-your-purse-and-go glamour.”
- The applicator doesn’t allow for the most precise application. It’s hard to control how much product comes out on the brush, which makes it a bit messy, and can be wasteful if you twist up too much product.
- I find the shade range a bit lacking. Some of the pink colors look very similar. I like these so much, I want more color options!
- These do feel a bit thick on the lips, but this doesn’t bother me.
- These gloss stains are very long-wearing, as you’d expect them to be.
- As I mentioned in the negative list, the glosses do feel a bit thick on the lips, but I find them very comfortable to wear as well as non-drying.
- The packaging is compact and matches the color of the gloss inside, so it’s easy to spot the one you want in your makeup bag (… or collection).
- I like the price of these lip products… they’re inexpensive, but they perform very well.
- The pigmentation of these is surprisingly nice. For a gloss, it really delivers. I thought they might be sheer, but as you can see in the swatches, they aren’t sheer at all.
Overall, I’d totally recommend these products if you like a long lasting, glossy lip! I’d even pay full price for these now that I know how fabulous they are.