Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow Review
These single shadows have been popping up all over the internet, on YouTube and blogs for about a year now. I’ve had my eye on a few shades, and unfortunately, it has taken me a quite a long time to pick them up! Turns out, these eye shadows are pretty great… they’re pigmented, bendable, and inexpensive… so you can collect them all. ;)
- these single shadows come in 31 shades and in satin matte, shimmer, and metallic finishes
- $4.49 for 0.05 oz/1.4 g of product
- available at drugstores, Walmart, Target, Fred Meyer, and milanicosmetics.com
- if you want to see a list of ingredients, check out Milani’s website
Here’s what Milani has to say about their eye shadows: “What makes it a gel powder? Well, the formula starts as a gel and then is transformed by a special process into a stunning powder eyeshadow with pure color and power wear. The unique process allows you to blend this incredibly innovative, weightless formula easily with your fingertips to light up your eyes. Even more to entice: It can be used wet or dry, resists creasing, and comes in satin matte, shimmer and iridescent metallic finishes. You just have to try this gel powder. It’s that different.”
While I cannot claim that these shadows are as crazy special as Milani makes them out to be, they are quite lovely. These shadows can be applied with fingers, but they can also be applied with eye shadow brushes- both methods work just as well for me. The only way these shadows will not crease is to apply them over a primer. I find that ALL eye shadows crease without a primer, so this is not a negative quality for me.
The shimmer and metallic shades are slightly softer and more pigmented than the satin matte shades, yet, the satin mattes are still nicer than most of the shadows available from drugstores.
Shadows from left to right: Bella Cobalt (satin matte- this one actually seems like more of a shimmer), Bella Teal (metallic), Bella Emerald (shimmer), Bella Taupe (satin matte), and Bella Mandarin (satin matte)
- Most stores do not carry the full color-range of these eye shadows, which often seems to be the case with Milani products. If you’re in search of color you cannot find, I’d suggest ordering from the website.
- Although it’s cute, the packaging is a bit bulky, so it occupies more space in a drawer or makeup bag. This really is only a problem if you (like me) have a larger stash of makeup products.
- These shadows have great pigmentation, they blend easily, and are nice and smooth to the touch
- There is a large range of shades, so you’re sure to find a color (or a few) to your taste
- They are inexpensive and many of the shades are easily accessible
- Milani products often go on sale, so you can score them buy-one-get-one half off (if you’re patient)
Have you tried any of these shadows? Which colors are your favorite? I can’t wait to wear some of these gorgeous jewel-toned shades for the fall and winter seasons!