Maybelline Master Prime Primer Review
- The primer comes in three different formulations: Smooth, Illuminate (which contains SPF) , and Redness Control (this one is tinted green).
- It’s available at drugstores, Walmart, Target, etc. You can buy it just about anywhere.
- The price is around $10 for 30 ml/ 1 fl oz.
Here’s what Maybelline has to say, “Visually blurs skin tone imperfections and smoothes fine lines. Primes skin for even makeup application. Weightless, water-based, non-oily. “
I do not struggle with fine lines (yet), so I cannot speak to whether or not this product smoothes them, but I can say that it does a great job of prepping my skin for foundation. It feels nice and light, as if I’m not wearing anything.
- This product doesn’t really blur any of my imperfections. My skin looks about the same after application of this product as it did before.
- The retail price is a little high for this product, considering it is a mass beauty product available at the drugstore. Keep an eye out for sales and for coupons!
- The primer is lightweight and blends very easily into the skin.
- Like I mentioned previously, it does a nice job of preparing my skin for foundation. It makes my skin feel soft to the touch.
- The three different formulations make it more likely that you’ll find one to best suit your skin.
I have the Blur and Smooth formulation. This is a good, basic face primer. It isn’t anything spectacular in my opinion, but it does a good job. The texture is like a light lotion, unlike many primers that contain silicones. When it comes out of the tube, the product is white, but after blended it is undetectable. I think it does help my makeup stay on longer, even though it doesn’t seem to “blur” all of my imperfections.
I do recommend this product… for some people. Primers are tricky, because they react differently to skin types, as well as the foundations worn over them… so it’s hard to recommend any one across the board. I’d say this one is worth trying out. It’s a good price and readily available, so if you’re in the market for a face primer, give this one a try (then let me know your thoughts).
What is your favorite face primer?