Maybelline Lust For Blush Creamy Matte Lipstick Review
- About $7.50 (depending on where you live).
- Comes in 20 different shades- ranging from nudes, reds, and deep wine.
- Available at drugstores, Target, Walmart, etc. Just about anywhere.
Here’s what Maybelline has to say about their lipstick, “The Creamy Mattes by Color Sensational deliver a burst of bold color and a surge of creamy texture for the creamiest matte in 20 make-a-statement shades.”
I appreciate the lack of outlandish claims that Maybelline made on this lip product. It does provide bold, pigmented color and the formula is wonderfully creamy. It doesn’t claim to be hydrating, which is a good thing, because it isn’t. It’s a matte lipstick, so it does tend to be a bit drying, but it isn’t as drying as, say, the Wetn’Wild Mega Last Lip Sticks (which I still love, for the record).
- The formula can be slightly drying on the lips, which I find to be true with all matte lipsticks.
- For a product that doesn’t claim to be, it’s decently long-wearing, as all matte lipsticks are.
- The formula is very creamy and pigmented. It takes only one or two swipes to get full color.
- There are lots of shades available in the creamy matte line.
- The lipstick is inexpensive and is readily available for purchasing.
(Please excuse the crazy brows in my lip swatch photo above… I’m aware that they need a little attention!)
This shade is a pretty medium pink with mauve undertones. It’s very wearable for every day, and adds a nice amount of color to the face without being too bold. It’s perfect for the day that you want a little added brightness, but not a “statement” lip color. I think you can wear it with just about any eye shadow look.
Overall, I would recommend this lipstick. In fact, I have my eye on a couple more shades that would be perfect for the upcoming fall and winter seasons.
Which lipstick shades are your favorite to wear??