Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse: Review & Photos
- Available at Target, Walmart, Ulta, and drugstores
- comes in 6 shades (I have the shade: 180 Nude Beige… a little dark, but works well in the summer)
- $9.79 for .49 oz/14 g (of course, you can use coupons or catch it on sale!)
- “ultra-hydrating, cream-whipped foundation”
- Check out Maybelline’s Website for more info!
Skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours- never rough or dry.
Lightweight formula transforms from cream to liquid.
Flawless, natural coverage provides a smooth finish.”
This is more of a cream formula… I wouldn’t really call in mousse-like at all. It has medium to medium-full build-able coverage, has decent staying power, and is a great price. Another positive is that the bottom of the compact opens up to store a sponge… while I wouldn’t recommend always using that sponge, it would be fantastic to use in a pinch/for touch ups.
Some negatives include…
- feels a little heavy and can easily look cakey- I definitely think it looks best with just one layer
- doesn’t full set… always feels a bit “tacky”
- it’s hard to find your right shade, because you cannot really see the color through the packaging
- the amount of product is less than normal foundations (usually they’re 1 oz.)
- tends to crease in the lines of my forehead (perhaps I shouldn’t move my eye brows as much? ;)
This is similar to the Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous (I also did a review on this foundation, HERE). The only differences are that this one has more coverage, but it doesn’t give you as natural of a finish.
I applied this with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush (which is my favorite for any kind of foundation) and I did not set it with powder. It stayed for a good 7 hours… which surprised me. Since this foundation does feel tacky on the skin, I think it works better if you don’t set it with powder. I also think it looks best with just one layer, and it’s also less tacky if you apply less of the product. You can add extra coverage with a concealer as needed.
My final thoughts… well, I’m not totally sure either way. I don’t love or hate this product. I think perhaps if you have dry skin, this would work well for you. Oily skin? Run far away! The price is great, so I’d say if you’re curious, it’s worth a try!
I also have a review on Maybelline’s Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. Check it out!
Thanks for reading friends!