The Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser sure has some bold claims. Keep reading to see if this product met those claims for me or not…!
- available at Walmart, Target, Ulta, and drugstores
- comes in 6 shades (fair, light, medium, and honey): two of which are color-correcting (neutralizer and brightener).
- $9.99 for .2 fl oz/6 ml at drugstore.com
here’s what they say:
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
• Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smoothes.
• Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.
• Apply neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles.
• Brightener shade adds a luminous touch.
What to say about this concealer? Well, I’ve given it a good try… applied it with a brush, fingers, and a sponge. I used it over several different foundations…. and I set it with powder, and I didn’t set it with powder. A lot of people absolutely love this concealer… and well, the truth is… I’m not so impressed.
There are some positives about this product…
- it has really great coverage
- at a very good price point
- the packaging is super practical (if it doesn’t break… which leads me to the negatives of this product…)
So, after a couple of weeks of owning this concealer, the packaging broke (as you can see in the above photo). The only way I could get to it was to twist off the top the rest of the way (which you shouldn’t be able to do) and scoop the product out. Then, when I went to push the top back on, the product oozed (don’t you love that word?!) out the top. Although it is nice to be able to simply twist and have the product come out of the top and dab it on the places you need coverage, this is only convenient if the packing doesn’t break.
As you can see in the photo below, this concealer does crease on me if I don’t set it with my powder. After I set it, I don’t usually notice any problems with more creasing.
There is a big issue that I have with this concealer… and I’ve never heard anyone mention it before. It’s the finish. I just, don’t care for how this looks on my skin… and that is the main deal-breaker for me. It makes my skin look dry, and it tends to show my pores… like I have little dots all over where I apply it. It’s hard to explain this, and it’s hard to capture in a photo… but in person, I can see it. It doesn’t matter which foundation I use under this, or how I apply it… it still has the weird, cakey look.
I just want to say that though this product didn’t work for me, you might really like it. In fact, tons of people love and rave about this product.
Overall, I will not be repurchasing this. It does have fantastic coverage, but since I don’t like how it looks, that defeats the purpose for me.
Have you tried this? How do you feel about this concealer?