Lunch Idea: Tuna Cucumber Cups
This is a super healthy, bread-less lunch idea that can be easily tweaked to suit your own personal tastes. I got the idea from a YouTube video: 3 School/Work Lunch Ideas.
I actually think that these little cups are so cute, they could be appetizers for a party… more specifically, a tea party, perhaps? :) They are also great to pack for lunch, as they are easily portable.
- 1 can tuna
- 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 4 parts
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- Scoop out the middle of each cucumber, so it becomes a little "cup".
- Combine tuna, yogurt, green onion, celery, and lemon.
- Season according to taste.
- Distribute tuna mixture evenly between the four cucumber cups.
In this version, I used shredded chicken instead of tuna, shredded cabbage, and chives. These items are just what I had on hand, and my version turned out well! You could totally mix up the ingredients to make different combos of these cucumber cups… you know, to keep life exciting and interesting. ;)
I give this recipe a 5 stars, for sure! I suggest you try it out… and please let me know what you think!!