Lunch Idea: Healthy Mini Pizza
This adorable little pizza is quick and easy to make, and the crust is gluten free. The next time you’re hungry, give this recipe a try. I got the idea from a YouTube video: 3 School/Work Lunch Ideas.
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 6 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Toppings: (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce
- small amount of mozzarella cheese, grated
- turkey pepperoni (LOTS, if you're anything like me ;)
- Combine crust ingredients and mix into a "dough", then head like a pancake on a skillet over medium heat.
- Top with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Eat with a side of veggies... carrots and hummus, maybe? :)
Now for the fun part… choosing your toppings! I went for a classic pepperoni pizza: marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni slices.
Another tasty idea would be barbecue chicken with cheddar cheese and green onion. YUM! Feel free to be creative. You could go the healthier route and pile your pizza with veggies.
I’m giving this recipe four stars because it’s simple and easy to make. I took one star off because the coconut flour has a sweeter flavor, which is a little odd for a pizza. It’s not gross or anything, but it’s something to consider if you’re not a fan of coconut. I’d suggest substituting another flour… maybe almond, brown rice, or even whole wheat.
I used to make mini pizzas on bagels or english muffins… and this is a bit of a healthier take. What do you think? Would you give this a try??
Do you LOVE pizza as much as I do? :)