Here is what the company claims: “This powerful anti-aging serum is designed to address expression lines and creases that appear from early signs of aging. These engraved imperfections appear instantly smoothed. Combined with its anti-aging serum is the ideal non-invasive alternate to achieve a more youthful looking appearance.”
- Available to be purchased on their website: www.lreverack.com
- The price is $29.95 for 1/5 fl oz (15ml)
- Packaging is ok, but I’d recommend keeping the little plastic cover on the spout to try to keep the product safe from the air. Contact with air will ruin the efficacy of the ingredients (the peptides, particularly)!
- For more info about this product, click here
Let’s talk about ingredients (water is also included as the second ingredient).
- Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) Extract: antioxidant, skin-soothing, and adds to the viscosity of the product (in other words, it makes it thicker)
- Hyaluronic Acid: adds moisture to the skin and keeps it from losing moisture as well
- Peptides: Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate: each of these ingredients is classified as a peptide, so I’m going to mention them together. A peptide is a skin-restoring ingredient. Skin is made up of protein, protein is comprised of amino acids, and chain of amino acids are called peptides. There’s your mini skin physiology lesson for the day. Essentially, know this, peptides are fantastic for mature skin (though they aren’t miracle workers).
Here is a great quote from the Paula’s Choice website: “Some peptides have demonstrated a remarkable skin-soothing effect, while others can improve the appearance of wrinkles, loss of firmness, and even help to soften the look of expression lines… But despite claims to the contrary, peptides cannot plump lips (at least not to a noticeable extent), stop sagging skin, work just like cosmetic corrective procedures, or eliminate dark circles or puffy eyes. You’ll see all of these claims and more on products with peptides, but such claims are not supported by published, peer-reviewed research.”
Overall, I’d say this is a decent product. I noticed some temporary plumpness and a smooth feeling to my skin after application. I think you’d notice more if you have some fine lines that you’d like to disguise a bit. I think the company is smart to state that this serum should give the appearance of smoothed imperfections and more youthful skin because it cannot actually give you younger skin. Only more invasive treatments can change the texture of your skin. This would be a good product to use before having your picture taken or before a special occasion, but I wouldn’t recommend it on a regular basis because it’s pretty expensive.
This would be a good product to use before having your picture taken or before a special occasion, but I wouldn’t recommend it on a regular basis because it’s pretty expensive. Though, if you have the money to spend, and you want to go for it, then by all means, use it every day.
Do I recommend this serum? Maybe. It isn’t a necessity by any means, but if you have mature skin and it makes you feel better about your fine lines, then yes, give it a try.
Ultimately, if you’re really wanting the results of a facelift, then get a facelift. ;)
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Sponsored by BrandBacker