Lorac Spotlight Luminizing Powder Review
I first received this product in a deluxe sample size in a Sephora Christmas set a couple of years ago. I’ve been using it like crazy, especially when traveling, and I’ve almost used it up! I saw that Lorac was on Hautelook and that this product was half price, so I grabbed it right away. I’m so glad to have it in the full size now because I seriously love this highlighter.
- $32 for .34oz/9.5 g of product
- this highlighter comes in three shades: spotlight, radiant, and luminous
- available at Lorac’s website and Ulta (and Hautelook occasionally, as I previously mentioned)
Here is what Lorac has to say about their product: “Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder instantly puts your face in its best light, giving your skin a luminous Red Carpet glow! This oil-free, velvety powder brightens and evens out your skin tone, helping it appear naturally radiant. Optimizing the effect of light, this unique luminizing powder helps diminish the appearance of imperfections for a youthful, luminous, glowing complexion.”
- I know of people who’ve had this powder break, because it is very soft and fragile. I haven’t experienced this personally.
- The packaging isn’t anything to write home about, considering the price.
- It’s subtle, but buildable. A quick swipe will you give you just enough of a highlight for every day wear, but if you’re wanting more of glow, just add another layer or so.
- The texture is so lovely. It’s smooth and as creamy as a powder product can be.
- It is oil-free, so it doesn’t turn those of us with oily or combination skin types into total grease balls by the end of the day.
- This powder is decently long-wearing. It won’t withstand anything intense, but it lasts for most of a normal day.
This powder is smooth and buttery-soft to the touch. It’s a lovely champagne shimmer that has just the right amount of pigmentation to add luminosity wherever applied. While this powder beautifully brightens, it does not seem to even out my skin tone or diminish the appearance of imperfections as the marketing claims. As with all highlighters, if applied over large pores or fine lines, those imperfections will be highlighted. Just remember that shimmer can be unforgiving, so apply with thought, especially for those of you with more mature skin.
I completely recommend this highlighting powder from Lorac. It’s one of my ultimate favorites! The positives far outweigh the negative aspects of the product, as you’ve seen. If you’re in the market for a new highlight, give this one a try… I bet you won’t be disappointed. ;)