Happy Planner Review
I’ve been using this planner for about two months now, and spoiler-alert, I love it! I have always used horizontal planners in the past, so this one with a vertical layout is new to me.
This planner has the benefits of both a spiral-bound planner and a planner with inserts. The pages can easily be removed and added. You can also purchase an arc punch that can be used to punch anything you’d like to add to your planner. I love the style of these planners… I like that they are customizable, and I really like that I could go to a store and look at it and touch it before deciding to purchase.
- Dated from July 2015 to December 2015, which covers 18 months
- 5 available style options (there are also a couple available in sets for $35)
- $25 each, unless purchased with a coupon
- Available online and in stores like Hobby Lobby and select Michaels (in store- use your coupon!)
- Check out the website: meandmybigideas.com for more details
- when I remove and replace pages frequently, the pages tend to get a little beat up
- pages are fairly easy to turn, but they aren’t as smooth as a spiral bound book
- I don’t always love the colors chosen to represent each month, but this is only my personal preference
- the cover isn’t as sturdy, so it might not hold up over time
- these planners are readily available in stores and they are a great price (it’s crazy how expensive planners can be!)
- I love all of the extras that go with the planners: the Home Planner Pack, the stickers, the sticky notes, etc.
- the different styles and graphic artwork on the planners make them special and attractive
- the vertical layout was a fast favorite for me, because I am a list-maker
- the paper used is a nice material, it isn’t too thin and I haven’t had any problems with ink bleeding
Happy Planners are created by the brand Me and My Big Ideas and they come with all sorts of accessories and options. There are 5 different planner designs, there is an extender pack (if you want to use it before/after the dates included), a home planner, all kinds of stickers, as well as extender rings, and interchangeable covers. All of these items are available online as well as at Hobby Lobby (where you can use your 40% off coupon). There is also a new recipe organizer planner that I’m seriously drooling over. You can see all of these cool things on the Me and My Big Ideas Website.
I bought the Home Planner Pack and added the set of black extender rings, because with the pack added, the pages were difficult to turn. My favorite part of this pack is the Meal Planning section. It has each day of the week, with several lines to write every meal of the day, along with a grocery list to take with you. The To-Do List section is nice as well. I like to use it to keep track of projects, product favorites, and blog post ideas.
Overall, I think you can see that I’m really enjoying using this planner. To see past weekly spreads (as well as future ones), check out my Instagram page. I tend to decorate and use both functional and decorative stickers… I like things to be both attractive and useful. Out of all the planners I’ve used, this one is by far my favorite.
Are you also someone who enjoys using paper planners? Which is your favorite?