Fall Dessert Recipe: Candy Corn Cupcake Trifles
This is the first recipe in my Candy Corn Recipes Series! I think candy corn treats are totally adorable, and I thought it would be fun to try and share a ton of recipes this month of October! (Keep checking back for more.)
So, this recipe is not totally homemade… it does call for a box cake mix and a jar of frosting. You can make this as homemade as you want to, or if you’re in a pinch, go the easy route. ; )
If you want a tasty, super sweet, fall dessert, this is the one for you. Maybe have it with some milk or a cup of coffee…because it is crazy sweet! I’m sure kids would absolutely love this recipe as well. It’d be fun for them to help put it together, too.
If I did make this again, I would definitely make the frosting from scratch. There’s just something so much better about homemade frosting, you know?
- 1 box super moist white cake mix (and ingredients listed on box)
- 1 container whipped ready to spread white frosting
- orange and yellow food coloring (I didn’t have orange, so I just mixed the yellow and the red together)
- candy corn
- Prepare the cake according to the directions.
- Cut the batter in half and dye half of it orange and the other half yellow. (You’re baking some yellow cupcakes, and some orange. You aren’t mixing the batters.)
- Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake according to the cake box directions.
- After the cupcakes have cooled, remove them from the pan and cut them in half horizontally.
- In mini mason jars, wine glasses, or cute cups, layer one half of a yellow cupcake, one half of the orange, some frosting, and then a sprinkle of candy corn. Repeat, frost the top, and garnish with candy corn (and sprinkles if you are so inclined).
- Have fun eating an adorable dessert!
I got the recipe here, at: tablespoon.com
Thanks for reading!
Do you like trifles? What is your favorite fall recipe? Please do share!