e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color Review
- Retails for $3.00, regardless of where you live (in the U.S.)
- Available for purchase on the e.l.f. website, Walmart, and Target.
- Comes in 12 shades, ranging from nudes to reds to deep berries.
Here’s what e.l.f. has to say, “This convenient jumbo sized lip pencil creates exact color application with twist up ease so you never have to sharpen – but we included a sharpener at the base just in case! The pigment rich color glides on effortlessly and easily to provide long lasting matte color. The enriched Vitamin A, C & E formula moisturizes and hydrates lips for beautiful healthy looking lips.”
- This product can be a bit drying on my lips after time.
- This doesn’t have the most creamy formula I’ve experienced, but it isn’t terrible by any means.
- It doesn’t glide on the lips as luxuriously as elf claims this product does, and it takes a few passes to build up the color.
- The fine point of this lip pencil makes it easy to apply color precisely where you want it.
- For a lipstick, the formula lasts a decent time. It’s not anything super long-wearing, but it will stay around longer than a typical lipstick will.
- The price for the product is fantastic.
- Lastly, these lip colors don’t have a thick or sticky feeling on the lips or a strong scent… and I really appreciate both of those qualities.
Due to the price and the performance of this product, I really don’t have many complaints as you can see in my negatives and positives list above. The range of shades is decent, though I don’t think it’s anything to write home about. I find that the more I wear these lip colors, the more I like them. I will definitely consider picking up some more shades… there’s a pretty berry color that is calling my name. :)
Overall, if you like matte lip products, I’d recommend you give these a try. At $3 each, what could go wrong?