Covergirl Clean Foundation Review… This is the normal skin version.
There are some things I really love about this foundation, and some things I really hate. Weighing those two factors, overall, I’d say that it’s just ok.
Check out the deets:
- available at Target, Walmart, Ulta, and drugstores
- $6.89 for 1 fl oz
- comes in 12 shades (not too shabby)
- available in 3 different formulas: normal, sensitive, and oil control
Here’s what CoverGirl has to say about their foundation:
Clean Makeup’s water-based formula, with good-to-your-skin Noxzema ingredients, lets your skin breathe, goes on easily, and blends perfectly, so the world doesn’t see makeup, just the look of great skin.
Here is what I love about this product:
- the coverage is decent… about medium (and build-able)
- the finish is very natural and not cakey
- the color match was great
- the consistency is not too thick and feels lightweight on the skin
Here is what I hate about this product:
- it never fully sets… on my skin, it seems to always feel a bit tacky
- the packaging… without a pump, this liquidy foundation is super messy to pour out of the glass container
- the scent is TERRIBLE… it is strong and it seems to linger… this is the deal breaker for me (I am not sure I’ll even finish this product.)
In the photos below, I am wearing one layer of the foundation…
In these photos below, I am wearing two layers of the foundation…
Because of the strong, terrible scent, I cannot recommend this product. I tried the sensitive version a while back, and I don’t remember an offensive scent. If you’re wanting to try this foundation, I’d suggest you try the sensitive version and skip this one. I cannot speak at all for the oil control version.
What do you think? Is fragrance a deal-breaker for you in a beauty product??
Thanks for reading! Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!