Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm Review
In general, I’d say that I’m not a big fan of tinted lip balms. I dislike the greasy feeling on my lips, as well as the tendency for the color to travel outside of my lip lines. Of course these characteristics are not true for tinted lip balms across the board, but often times, I do experience them.
I knew I wanted a lip product that would be hydrating and that would give me a bit of color for our Iceland trip, along with our other travels this summer, so I decided to give these Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balms a shot. Well, to cut to the chase, I like these balms quite a lot!
- Claims to be %100 natural
- Available in six shades
- Retails for $5.00 for 0.15 oz/ 4.25 g
- May be purchased at Target, Walmart, Ulta, and drugstores like CVS or Walgreens
Zinnia is a light, peachy coral color. This one is a little more sheer than Sweet Violet, which makes it all the more wearable and quick to apply on the go.
Sweet Violet is a berry shade that leans a bit cool-toned. It’s sheer, as you’d expect a tinted lip balm to be, but still provides a noticeable amount of color.
I really enjoy both of these shades, and I’m tempted to go back for more, but I will resist until I use up at least one of them. ;)
- Each balm has a bubble gum scent that I don’t love. It isn’t very strong, and I don’t find it offensive, but I’d rather they were unscented.
- They do not contain SPF. If they did have SPF, I’d be over the moon about these.
- They are inexpensive and are easily accessible at your local drugstore.
- There is a decent color range, which I’ve found to be pretty rare for tinted balms.
- These are hydrating, which is lovely, because I’m tired of how dry my lips feel thanks to the matte lip products that are on trend!
- The colors I have are super pretty and are very wearable for every day. You could even pair a lip liner with either of them to add some dimension or deepen the color a bit.
Check them out! These are nice for the summer, but they’ll be wonderful for the dry and cold winter months as well.