4th of July Makeup Look
This could also be worn any time of the year. But, if you’re ever feeling especially patriotic, why not wear USA colors? ;)
I decided to wear a coral, orangey red eye shadow look, with a fun pop of bright blue along my lower lash line. I think the touches of silver make this look especially festive. ;)
Do you wear special makeup for holidays or parties??
For my eye shadow look, I used a combination of my Wet n Wild Fergie Desert Festival palette, along with a couple of shades from the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette.
- First, I applied “habit” into and above my crease with a fluffy eye shadow brush.
- Then, I combined a bit of “rewind” with “habit” into the crease for more depth.
- I used “dope” as a brow bone highlight.
- “Shellshock” made for a fun inner corner highlight. I also applied it to the center of my eye lids, to add a bit of shine and sparkle.
- I took the lighter orange shade, and applied it to the inner part of my eyelid.
- Then, I took the darker orange shadow, and I applied it to the outer part of my eyelids, as well as in the crease. I really wanted this color to be vibrant and stand out.
- I finished, by adding a bright, cobalt blue shade along my lower lash line. You could use whatever you have on hand… I used a blue from a past, discontinued, Wet n Wild eye shadow palette. (If you’re searching for a bright blue shadow, I’d check out Urban Decay. They have a few gorgeous shades of blue to choose from.)
As for my lips and cheeks, I went with a coral blush from elf (eyes lips face), called “twinkle pink”.
My lip combination came together a bit by mistake. ;) I thought I wanted to wear a bright orange-red, Wet n Wild “purty persimmon”, but after I put it on, it looked “a bit much”, so I topped it off with Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in “precious” to see how it would look. I actually liked how it turned out!
I’d encourage you to layer different lip colors you have… just experiment and have fun (that’s what makeup is all about)!!
I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day festivities! How did you celebrate?