2 Ingredient Lemon Bar Recipe
Lemon bars make me think of two fabulous things: spring and tea parties. I adore these gooey, sugar-coated little treats… and actually have yet to make the “real” ones. One of these days I will! There is a mouth-watering recipe in my Smitten Kitchen Cookbook that keeps calling my name. My hubby likes ’em too, so it’s a win-win. ;)
These do taste like lemon bars… but they actually have more of the texture of lemon angel food cake… as you may have guessed, since that is one of the two ingredients in this recipe. These bars don’t fully measure up to the classic ones in my opinion, but they are tasty and light, with fun texture… perfect to end a spring or summer evening meal.
Try ’em out and let me know what you think! Easy as pie! ….lemon pie filling. ;)
I got the “recipe” here: livingpractically.blogspot.com
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- Lemon Pie Filling- 1 15oz can
- Powdered Sugar
- Stir ingredients together just until well combined.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins, until the top is golden.
- Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Since the texture of these lemon bars is more cake like, it might be tasty to make a glaze with milk and powdered sugar and drizzle it over top. YUM!
Hey, guess what! I posted another “2 Ingredient” recipe a while back… check it out right here.
Thanks for reading!!